The CESTAM Network - inspiring technology and advanced manufacturing businesses in Michigan to achieve world-class selling performance
Are you thriving or surviving? Are you expecting significant improvements in your sales results in 2012? How quickly can you turn sales around?
Leaders of Michigan’s companies - limited to CEO's, Presidents or owners of advanced manufacturing and technology companies and their stakeholders - are invited to join us. Hear keynote presentations from leaders of successful companies; gain exclusive insights into their business and sales strategies; and network with others in the region.
Attend the next CESTAM event on November 28, 2012 to help put Michigan’s Manufacturers back on the map.
CESTAM: Promoting manufacturing growth for Michigan and putting manufacturing at the heart of The American economic map.
- The United States remains the world's largest manufacturer, representing a fifth of the global manufacturing output.
- The United States is home to 139 of the world's 500 largest companies, which is almost twice that of any other country.
- Main manufacturing industries include petroleum, steel, automobiles, construction machinery, aerospace, agricultural machinery, telecommunications, chemicals, electronics, food processing, consumer goods, lumber, and mining.
- According to the latest United Nations statistics the United States is still the world´s largest manufacturer, with output ($1.83 Trillion) representing approximately 20 percent of the world´s share.
- Manufacturing job opportunities have increased for skilled workers even as overall manufacturing employment has fallen. The number of manufacturing workers employed with an advanced degree (education beyond a bachelor’s degree) By 2009, manufacturers employed 1,214,000 workers with an advanced degree—a 44 percent increase since 1992
- Today, United States manufacturing workers produce 38 percent more per hour than they produced in 2000.
CESTAM stands for the Centre of Excellence for Sales in Technology and Advanced Manufacturing. Come on in if you share our belief that business performance is dependent on a wholehearted commitment to quality in sales and sales management. If you are serious about creating leading-edge performance in strategic sales, it is likely that you will have something to offer CESTAM and something to gain from joining our network.